Following unprecedented success for players and teams, box lacrosse has moved from being the hot trend in training to being the new standard. The number of reps, the speed of play, and the demands on an athlete of playing in a much smaller space exponentially increase stick skills and produce ruthless goal scorers. The Hoosier Lacrosse Academy is proud to be in it’s 3rd year of offering a travel box program as the Hoosier Hornets.
Playing on a box travel team provides the same benefits of playing on a field travel team (exposure to new coaches, new teammates, advanced competition, and traveling to new places) and supercharges your stick skills and ability to play in traffic. What is new for this year is that we are taking this program to the next level. With the guidance of USBOXLA we have aligned our program with the best resource available. More resources equals better coaching and a better product!
Boys teams that we plan to run:
- Boys – Grades 7/8
- Boys – High School (if we get the interest we will run a JV & Varsity level teams)
- Drew Bogan – Park Tudor Head Coach
- Dan Sahm – Purdue & Noblesville HS coach
- Ken Levinberg – HLA Founder
- * Subject to changes and additions
Practices: We will practice 1 days a week in addition to our Saturday box league.
- October 23, 2016 – Battle at the Box, Columbus, Ohio – Website
December 3-4, 2016 – Pipeline Box Tournament, Louisville, KY
- January 14-15, 2017 – Battle @ The Barn, Indianapolis, IN
- February 11-12, 2017 – Midwest Classic, Columbus, OH