Following unprecedented success for players and teams, box lacrosse has moved from being the hot trend in training to being the new standard. The number of reps, the speed of play, and the demands on an athlete of playing in a much smaller space exponentially increase stick skills and produce ruthless goal scorers. The Hoosier Lacrosse Academy is proud to be in it’s 3rd year of offering travel box program as the Hoosier Hornets.
Playing on a box travel team provides the same benefits of playing on a field travel team (exposure to new coaches, new teammates, advanced competition, and traveling to new places) and super charges your stick skills and ability to play in traffic. What is new for this year is that we are taking this program to the next level. With the guidance of USBOXLA we have aligned our program with the best resource available. More resources equals better coaching and a better product!
Boys teams that we plan to run:
- Boys – Grades 7/8
- Boys – High School (if we get the interest we will run a JV & Varsity level teams)
- Kyle Kreutzinger – Dayton & Head Noblesville Coach
- Dan Sahm – Purdue & Noblesville HS coach
- Adam Verhoestra – UIndy
- Ken Levinberg – HLA President and 20 box veteran
- * Subject to changes and additions
Practices: We will practice 1-2 days a week (Mondays and or Saturdays) starting the 3rd week in September until our last event in February.
- October, 23, 2016 – Battle at the Box, Columbus, Ohio – Website
December 3-4, 2016 – Pipeline Box Tournament, Louisville, KY
- January 14-15, 2017 – Battle @ The Barn, Indianapolis, IN
- February 11-12, 2017 – Midwest Classic, Columbus, OH
- Intense Practices: 15-20 in total for approximately $350
- Awesome Uniform: approximately $100
- Tournament fees: approximately $150 each