Hoosier Lacrosse is very excited to have Rob Harrison join the Hoosier Lacrosse Academy Coaching Staff! Rob has a great background both as a player and coach and has already made an immediate impact in the Hoosier State. Being from a hotbed of lacrosse in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey Rob knows how important fundamentals are and more importantly knows how to teach teach them.
- Center Grove 7th & 8th Grade Lacrosse – Assistant Coach – 2014-Present
- STEPS Youth Lacrosse Summer Camp – Assistant Coach – 1999-2000
- Mountain Lakes 4th Grade Lacrosse – Assistant Coach – 1999-2000
- Hoosier Lacrosse – 2014-Present
- Indoor Box Leagues – 2004-2005
- Indiana University – Midfield (Starting FOGO) – 2003
- Mountain Lakes, NJ – High School Varsity – Defense – 2001-2002
Rob grew up in Mountain Lakes New Jersey, a small town hotbed of lacrosse, where the sport’s popularity is unrivaled even by a successful football program. He was a 4 sport varsity athlete, but always loved lacrosse most. Coached by Tim Flynn (Head Coach of the 2012 U19 American Team – World Champions), Rob forever learned the fundamentals of lacrosse and multi-sport defensive principles.
Rob developed into a two year letter winner and one year starter at Mountain Lakes, playing long stick defense. Deciding to pursue an undergraduate business degree, Rob came to Indiana University. At IU, Rob moved to the Short Stick Midfield position and earned a starting role his freshman year as the teams face-off specialist.
Lacrosse is a game where kids of diverse talent, ability, speed, & size can compete and even excel. As America is the “Land of Opportunity”, Lacrosse is the “Sport of Opportunity”. I want to help our players recognize this potential and exceed their ambitions.